OK, who else hates those people who wake up perfect and morning friendly? You on the other side of reality, wake up feeling tired, angry and zombie-like. Well, I used to be one of those hateful zombies too, until I took control of my morning.
Here is how to make the morning your bitch.
Having a “perfect” morning all starts with your night.
- Clean your room. I know I sound like your mom but seriously having a clean space not only lets you see your floor but releases stress which leads to a sounder slumber.
- Sage/lavender have a way of relaxing the body and mind. Place some where you sleep for a little extra help calming down before drifting into your dreams.
- Make a plan for the next day. Doesn’t have to be a lot, just reminders and notes to alleviate a frazzled day.
- Take the extra time before you go to bed to make an easier morning. It doesn’t take that long to put your bag by the door and your outfit out.
- Go to bed when you get tired. Why do we all feel the need to stay up and watch our shows? They created DVR for a reason.
- Make your bed your sanctuary. It should be comfy cozy and everything nice. Oh and don’t bring technology to bed. Go to bed and actually sleep! What a concept.
- Get up when your alarm goes off. None of this snoozing and three-alarm business. Give yourself a little extra time for “uh oh” moments too. 15-30min usually does the trick.
- Don’t drag your feet and fool around. Give yourself three-five minutes to stretch and become coherent. Then, get your ass moving. You’re up. Get things done!
– Get dressed
– Make the bed
– Make breakfast/coffee (Coffee and Hot lemon water are both great morning drinks to get the body moving.)
- While you’re having your morning beverage go over your planner and prepare for the fabulous day that is about to begin!
- Oh were you expecting more? How crazy am I… Can your night really fix your morning? YES! I am that crazy.